All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published to accompany a major V&A exhibition, this beautiful book is an indispensable history of the fashion houses that have become synymous with show-stopping glamour. The Glamour of Italian Fashion showcases the fashions that turned 'Made in Italy' into an internationally recognized mark of style. It brings together stunning fashion photography, archival material, and previously unseen objects from private collections to explore Italian style from the post-war couturiers of the 'Sala Bianca' to the outstanding success of its ready-to-wear brands. Artisanal leather and fur production, exquisite knitwear and fine tailoring have all contributed to Italy's unique position in the consciousness of stylish people everywhere. Designers and labels featured include Emilio Pucci, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Fendi, Missoni, Valenti, Franco Moschi, Gianni Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Miuccia Prada and Roberto Capucci as well as bespoke tailors and ready-towear menswear specialists such as Carlo Palazzi and Ermenegildo Zegna.
- Author BiographySonnet Stanfill is Curator of Twentieth Century and Contemporary Fashion at the V&A.
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Width240 mm
- Height310 mm
- Edited bySonnet Stanfill
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.