All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if the miracles in the Bible, and God Himself, were close encounters with extra-terrestrials and their artifacts? Starting with the craft crash in Ezekiel changing the genetics and lives of the aboriginals in Glass Planet 1. This premise is explored here in fiction, in the series that started with The Glass Planet: The clear Beings, when the God Zapheth crash-lands on the young planet, and in trying to survive his off-world ordeal, he changes the culture and the future of this emerging civilization. Gabriel's Objective continues where The Clear Beings left off, and is spoken largely from the point of veiw of the extra terrestrials, Gabriel and others. With the death of the old God and his Queen Shabbeth, leaving a young culture wondering where to turn. Their children set out on a quest to discover their father's secrets and to learn how to survive with the changes his alien presence wraught...We also call this the Exodus in the bible, and this story is retold here from the point of view of Moses wife, Zaphora. And the Angel Gabriel is t what he seems either!
- Author BiographyAbout the Author, Morgan Reed: I first wrote The Glass Planet as a short story in 2008 in front of the fireplace during a cold January. The story has grown and changed. My husband, Whitney Lee Preston, has influenced my latest writings. The chapter, The Cup, was constructed by us together one morning over breakfast on the ranch. The two hour brainstorm resulted in much of The Cup story, and I feel it is an inspired one. The central theme and the style of thought is definitely all mine. Gabriel's Objective is the second in this series, The Glass Planet, and there are more in the works. The Glass Planet 3 is the Silver Sarcophagus and becomes a horror story of alien intervention on earth and their home world. Morgan continues: So much of my becoming a writer is due to my mother, who was an English major and a school teacher for 30 years, and my animal doctor father, who is so much more, a scientist, engineer, inventor and inspiration. I also want to credit a great deal to San Francisco State University, for their broad educational curriculum, and specifically their NEXA program that allowed two teachers in a class room, bringing the ideas of the sciences and the arts together with the resulting explosion of possibility in my young mind. And then of course, I must recognize the value of the thousands of other works of literature I have read over the years, including the Holy Bible. I hope you find my stories fascinating, and know that there are no answers to the puzzles that surround us, just more interesting questions, more journeys of exploration to take.. Morgan Reed is the author of the Science Fiction Series, The Glass Planet. Morgan is also the author of two picture books of short stories, with more short stories involving animals and horses in the works. She lives in Northern California on her ranch with lots of animals and books and part-time in Hayward with her husband. The Glass Planet: The Clear Beings The Glass Planet: Gabriel's Objective. Horse, my heart gallops with thee Animal Companions: Wild and Tame. From husband-wife writing team, Whitney Lee Preston and Morgan Reed: What's it gonna be, Captain? : Join us on a frolic through space, with a fascinating crew of aliens and humans, where they share dangerous adventures and romance along the way. What's it gonna be, Captain? with the team of captains, the glamorous and stunning Captain Jenivah Stavah, and the enigmatic Captain John Braxus Cainon.
- Author(s)Morgan Reed
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.