All listings for this product
About this product
In his new book, The Glen Canyon Country, archaeologist Don D. Fowler shares the history of a place and the peoples who sojourned there over the course of several thousand years. To tell this story, he weaves his personal experience as a student working on the Glen Canyon Salvage Project with accounts of early explorers, geologists, miners, railroad developers, settlers, river runners, and others who entered this magical place. The book details the canyon's story via historical and scientific summaries, biographical sketches, personal memoir, and previously unpublished photos of the land and its explorers. Readers will experience the intrigue and beauty of the Canyon while following t only the story of an individual but also of Glen Canyon itself. Infused with the breadth and depth of a lifetime of archaeological experience, The Glen Canyon Country is the definitive account of the prehistory and history of a significant river corridor and the surrounding land.
- Author BiographyDon Fowler is Mamie Kleberg Distinguished Professor of Historic Preservation and Anthropology Emeritus, University of Nevada, Reno. He is author of The Laboratory for Anthropology (University of Utah Press, 2010) and co-editor, with Linda Cordell, of Southwest Archaeology in the Twentieth Century (University of Utah Press, 2005) and numerous other publications on the archaeology and anthropology of the American Southwest.
- Author(s)Don Fowler
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26