All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Global Achievement Gap, education expert Tony Wagner situates our school problems in the larger context of the demands of the global kwledge ecomy. He illustrates that even in our best schools, we don't teach or test the skills that matter most for the twenty-first century. Uncovering what motivates today's generation to excel in school and the workplace, Wagner explores new models of schools that are inspiring students to solve tough problems and communicate at high levels. An education manifesto for the 21st century, The Global Achievement Gap is a must-read for anyone interested in seeing our young people achieve their full potential, while contributing to a strong ecomy and vibrant democracy. This updated edition includes a new chapter discussing changes in education since the 2008 financial crisis, ethics in education, and recent initiatives such as the Department of Education's Race to the Top program and implementation of the Common Core.
- Author BiographyTony Wagner currently serves as an Expert In Residence at Harvard University's Innovation Lab. Previously he was the first Innovation Education Fellow at the Technology & Entrepreneurship Center at Harvard and the founder and co-director of the Change Leadership Group at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Wagner is the author of numerous books, including Change Leadership, Making the Grade, How Schools Change, and Creating Innovators.
- Author(s)Tony Wagner
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight372 g
- Width142 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.