All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionA Toolkit to address the barrier to teaching global perspectives and concepts, offering simple, turn-key lessons and activities that busy teachers can implement right away. Inspiring teachers towards introducing the world in their classrooms, the book provides practical, easy-to-follow tips, lessons and strategies that don't require a significant investment of time, funds, or new expertise. Addressing issues as disparate as recruiting volunteers, picking themes, integrating global issues into academic disciplines, using interactive, digital learning tools, and inspiring and planning service learning, this is a one-stop toolkit for schools wanting to take a global focus in their curricula.
- Author BiographyHoma Sabet Tavangar is the author of Growing Up Global: Raising Children to Be At Home in the World (Random House, 2009), lead author of The Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners (Corwin, 2014), and contributor to Mastering Global Literacy, by Heidi Hayes-Jacobs, ed. (Solution Tree, Nov. 2013). Growing Up Global has been hailed by national education and business leaders and media ranging from Dr. Jane Goodall to the BBC, NPR, NBC, ABC, Washington Post.com, Chicago Tribune and Sun-Times, Boston Globe, PBS, Scholastic, Parents Magazine, Rodale, and many more. Homa's work is sparking initiatives to help audiences from CEOs to Kindergartners learn and thrive in a global context - and have fun along the way. She is the Series Consultant to NBC TV's original production of the animated children's series Nina's World, has served as Education Advisor to the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, and as a Visiting Scholar at the University of Pennsylvania; she is a contributing writer for the Huffington Post, PBS, Momsrising, GOOD, Ashoka's Start Empathy, National Geographic and Edutopia, among other media, and is a sought-after speaker and trainer around globalization and global citizenship, parenting, globalizing curriculum, empathy, diversity and inclusion. Homa spent 20 years working in global competitiveness, organizational, business and international development with hundreds of businesses, non-profits, and public organizations, before turning her attention to global education. She has lived on three continents, is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of UCLA and Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. She speaks four languages and her religious heritage includes four of the world's major faiths. Passionate around issues of opportunity and equality for women and girls, she has worked on these issues for private companies and the World Bank, and served on various non-profit Boards, including, currently on the Board and Executive Committee of the Tahirih Justice Center, a national leader protecting immigrant women and girls fleeing violence. She is married and the mother of three daughters. Becky Mladic-Morales is the founder of Kid World Citizen (www.kidworldcitizen.org), offering parents and educators activities that help young minds go global. Her work has been featured on Scholastic, the U.S. Department of Education, NBC Latino, MSN, and PBSKids among others. She is a teacher, teacher-trainer, speaker, and educational consultant. She has worked with different foreign exchange programs, including the setup of the International Club at her local elementary school. Becky holds an MA in Teaching ESL, with a concentration in Cross-Cultural Communication, from the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign; and an MA in School Counseling with a focus on immigrants in schools, from Roosevelt University in Chicago. For the past 20 years, she has taught ESL in different settings ranging from high school to college level courses. Her expertise encompasses global education, geo-literacy, service learning, educational technology aiming to connect students worldwide, as well as setting up cultural exchange programs. Becky currently resides in Houston with her husband and four children, whose curiosity, compassion, and energy are her perpetual inspiration.
- Author(s)Becky Mladic-Morales,Homa Sabet Tavangar
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notecolour tables
- Weight526 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.