Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.01+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than any other American historical figure, Abraham Lincoln towers over the global landscape, a leader who spoke-and continues to speak-to people around the world. The Global Lincoln tells the unkwn and remarkable story of this great president's worldwide legacy. Edited by acclaimed Lincoln biographer Richard Carwardine and Jay Sexton, this fascinating volume brings together leading historians from around the globe-including such writers as Harold Holzer, Kenneth O. Morgan, and David W. Blight-to explore the image and influence of Lincoln in places ranging from Germany to Japan, India to Ireland, Africa and Argentina to the American South. The contributors show that the heart of Lincoln's global celebrity lies in his status as the archetypal self-made man, his record of successful leadership in wartime, his role as the Great Emancipator, and his resolute defense of popular government. Yet Lincoln has also been a malleable and protean figure, one who is forever being redefined to meet the needs of those who invoke him, from Marx and Tolstoy to soldiers fighting in the Lincoln Brigades.
- Author BiographyRichard Carwardine is President of Corpus Christi College, Oxford University, and author of Lincoln: A Life of Power and Purpose. Jay Sexton is University Lecturer in American History at Oxford University, and author of The Monroe Doctrine: Empire and Nation in Nineteenth-Century America.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note25 halftones
- Weight588 g
- Width173 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJay Sexton,Richard Carwardine
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.