All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFor a manufacturing enterprise to succeed in this current volatile ecomic environment, a revolution is needed in restructuring its three main components: product design, manufacturing, and business model. This book discusses how globalization creates both opportunities and challenges for companies that manufacture durable goods. It proposes new techlogies and new business strategies that can increase an enterprise's speed of responsiveness to volatile markets, and enhance the integration of its own engineering and business. The concrete tools, theories, and case studies will prove invaluable to engineers pursuing managerial careers in the manufacturing industry, as well as business students.
- Author BiographyYoram Koren is a member of the National Academy of Engineering and the Paul G. Goebel Professor of Engineering in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan, as well as the Director of the NSF Engineering Research Center for Reconfigurable Manufacturing Systems. He has won many awards, including, most recently, the Stephen S. Attwood Award from the University of Michigan College of Engineering, 2008, and the Gold Medal from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 2007.
- Author(s)Yoram Koren
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight722 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.