All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn each culture the origins of civilization can be tied to the arising of one concept in the human mind: straight lines. Straight and perpendicular lines are t found in nature, so where did they come from? What shift in consciousness occurred around the globe that triggered the start of rectangular building methods and linear organization as well as written language, pyramid construction, mathematics, and art? Outlining the historical, psychological, geophysical, and neurological roots of the modern human mind, Calleman shows how studying early civilizations offers a means of understanding the evolution of consciousness.
- Author BiographyCarl Johan Calleman holds a Ph.D. in physical biology from the University of Stockholm. A leading expert on the Mayan Calendar, he is the author of The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness and The Purposeful Universe. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Carl Johan Calleman
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Note60 b&w illustrations
- Weight516 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Edition, New Edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.