All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Global Obama examines the president's image in five continents and more than twenty countries. It is the first book to look at Barack Obama's presidency and analyze how Obama and America are viewed by publics, governments, and political commentators around world. The author of Barack Obama in Hawaii and Indonesia: The Making of a Global President (Top 10 Black History Book) scaled the globe to gather opinions - cultural, historical, and political analyses - about Obama's leadership style. Writers, journalists, psychologists, consultants, and social scientists present their views on Obama's leadership, popularity, and many of the global challenges that still remain unresolved. As a progress report, this is the first book that tries to grasp 'the Obama phemen' in totality, as perceived by populations around the world with special focus on America's leadership in the 21st Century.
- Author BiographyDinesh Sharma is the author of Barack Obama in Hawaii and Indonesia: The Making of a Global President, which was rated as the Top 10 Black History Book for 2012 by the American Library Association. He is a regular columnist for Asia Times Online, The Global Intelligence, and a contributor to Al Jazeera English, Eastern Eye, News Blaze and many other news websites. Currently, he is an Associate Research Professor (Hon.) at the Institute for Global Cultural Studies, SUNY-Binghamton, Senior Fellow at the Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Research, New York, and a Host and Producer at Princeton TV. He has consulted in the healthcare industry for almost ten years for Fortune 500 clients, while he authored or edited six books and hundreds of peer-reviewed, scientific as well as journalistic articles. His other books or monographs include: Psychoanalysis, Culture and Religion (2014); Human Technogenesis: Cultural Pathways through the Information Age (2004); Childhood, Family and Sociocultural Change in India (2003); Socioemotional Development Across Cultures (1998). He earned a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology from Loyola University and Doctorate in Human Development and Psychology from Harvard University. Uwe P. Gielen is the Founder and Executive Director of the Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Psychology at St. Francis College, New York. He is the editor of some 20 books including (with Roy Moodley and Rosa Wu) Handbook of Counseling and Psychotherapy in an International Context (2013) and (with Michael Stevens) Toward a Global Psychology: Theory, Research, Intervention, and Pedagogy (2007). He earned a Master's degree in Psychology from Wake Forest University and a Doctorate in Social Psychology from Harvard University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleLeadership: Research and Practice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDinesh Sharma,Uwe P. Gielen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.