All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on a wide range of interviews and primary and secondary sources, this book investigates the dynamic interactions between national regulatory formation and the global biopolitics of regenerative medicine and human embryonic stem cell science.
- Author BiographyHERBERT GOTTWEIS is Professor at the Department of Political Science and Director of the Life Science Governance Research Platform at the University of Vienna, Austria. His books include Biobanks: Governance in Comparative Perspective, (with A Petersen) and Governing Molecules: The Discursive Politics of Genetic Engineering in Europe and in the United States. BRIAN SALTER is Professor of Politics and Director of the Global Biopolitics Research Group in the Centre for Biomedicine and Society at King's College London, UK. His books include The New Politics of Medicine and The Politics of Change in the Health Service. A/PROFESSOR CATHERINE WALDBY is International Research Fellow at the University of Sydney, Australia. She researches social studies of biomedicine and the life sciences. She is a foundational member of the global biopolitics research group, an international consortium of scholars who investigate the effects of cultural, political and economic globalization on the social relations of biomedicine. Her books include (wih Robert Mitchell) Tissue Economies: Blood, Organs and Cell Lines in Late Capitalism.
- Author(s)Brian Salter,Catherine Waldby,Herbert Gottweis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleHealth Technology and Society
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight450 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.