All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Global Vegetarian Kitchen starts in your back yard - perhaps growing your own vegetables and herbs or buying produce at your local farmers' market - then reaches around the world to bring the diversity and delight of vegetarian dishes into your kitchen. Whether you only have a windowbox with some herbs, an allotment, yard or other space to grow things, this is the seed that connects creative home-cooking to the traditional recipes that travel the globe, blending with local culture. With an emphasis on simplicity and versatility, you'll find it easy to create dishes such as bean bredie from South Africa, barley risotto from Italy, Nepalese lentil curry or lemon-grass scented Thai soup. All you need to do is stock up your spice rack and take your tastebuds travelling. There are Oover 100 easy-to-follow vegetarian recipes from all parts of the globe with full-coulour photographs, suggestions for substitute ingredients, useful facts and helpful hints, local ingredients and tips on sourcing fair trade.
- Author BiographyTroth Wells joined New Internationalist in 1972 and now works on the editorial team as Publications Editor. She is the author of several other cookbooks, most recently the best-selling World of Street Food.
- Author(s)Troth Wells
- PublisherNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication09/01/2010
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Internationalist Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width180 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.11Trending at AU $33.30
- AU $30.72Trending at AU $32.15
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $28.88
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.67Trending at AU $47.59
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.