All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Global World is a pivotal formula in present-day Newspeak . The book's leitmotif - if it is true that the faces of today's global world are manifold - is that language opens to the other, that the word's boundaries are the multiple boundaries of the relation to others, of encounter among differences. Otherness logic is in language and life. The aim is to evidence how, contrary to implications of the newspeak order, new worlds are possible, critical linguistic consciousness is possible - a word revolution and pathway to social change. The method is linguistic and concerns the language and communication sciences. But to avoid that the limits of the latter influence our perspective on the global world and its manifold faces , this method is located at the intersection of different scientific perspectives. As such it pertains to philosophy of language , but in dialogue with the science of verbal and nverbal signs, today global semiotics , therefore it is also semiotic . And given that how to understand the global world is t just a theoretical issue, but concerns how we relate to others, to differences in all their forms and aspects, the method proposed with this book is also semioethic .
- Author BiographySusan Petrilli, Professor of Philosophy and Theory of Languages, University of Bari, Aldo Moro, Italy, Visiting Research Fellow at the University of Adelaide, South Australia, 7
th Sebeok Fellow, Semiotic Society of America, has published many books and essays as author, editor and translator presenting, among others, Peirce, Welby, Bakhtin, Levinas, Morris and Sebeok. She directs various book series and is member of the advisory board of several international journals.
- Author(s)Susan Petrilli
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication02/05/2016
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight530 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.