All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most misunderstood concepts of the Bible among Christians of all faiths is that of the old and new covenants. For decades, if t for centuries, Bible scholars and commentators have spoken of the meaning of these covenants in a general way and thus with particular appeal.
The problem has been that many of the explanations have grown out of a desire to prop up some cherished theological position. Thus the terms 'old covenant and new covenant have become mere cliches that we use and hear, with clear certainty about what they really mean. If you want to look directly at the nature of the covenants themselves, and find out what they actually are, The Glory and the Covenants is meant for you.
Many ideas regarding the covenants held by Christians are vague and meaningless. When asked what the two covenants are, most people fumble for words unable to give a solid Biblical description. Usually there is some indistinct tion about the old covenant being for Jews and the new covenant being for Christians and that's where it stays. However one seems to kw just where in the Bible it says that.
The Theologian and Apostle Paul, of Jewish and Christian heritage, is the one Bible writer to give the most detailed explanations of the covenants. Do you kw the two foundational stories in the Old Testament that Paul uses as a foundation for his understanding of the two covenants? Can you give at least three illustrations from real life that Paul uses to depict the characteristics of the two covenants? Do you kw just what characteristics someone will have in their life if they are trying to live under the old or new covenant? If you hesitated when thinking of answers to these questions then you will love reading this book. Lights will come on, indistinct things will come into focus, and you will longer see men as trees walking (Mark 8:24)
While the other writers of the New Testament may have used the word covenant a time or two in their books, the Apostle Paul referenced it over 20 times. For Paul the understanding of the two covenants is the bedrock of his gospel proclamation. Without a proper understanding of the covenants a presentation of the gospel falls incredibly short.
Once you have heard the message of Paul unpacked in The Glory and the Covenants the subject will never be vague and indistinct for you again.
- Author(s)Owen Bandy
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.