All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and accessible survey of the best current accomplishments of GMO research in all their complexity and ramifications. The authors introduce the fundamentals of biotechlogy as a scientific discipline, show how GMO research is conducted today, discuss the problems that have arisen from genetic techlogy and the tools needed to resolve them, and describes how GMO-derived techlogy may impact our lives in the future. On the technical side, the authors examine a wide range of current techlogies employed for constructing GMOs, and describe approaches to vel research, appropriate protocols, and the process of constructing and screening a GMO. The discussion of plant and animal cells covers new strategies employed and the large-scale expression and purification of recombinant products in cultured cells. Social political, and legal issues are also discussed.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/05/2004
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1960 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited bySarad R. Parekh
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.