Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- DescriptionAn idyllic lifestyle of a young farmer who would spend his days tilling fields and tending cattle is disrupted when he stumbles across a mysterious wizard (Melchiot) in the heart of bustling Red Hill. Seeking assistance from a travelling Merchant to help raise funds to support his father, Borin kws the next season should see him on the road or the farm will foreclose and everything lost. Borin spent his early years training with staff and stick, yearning to be more than he was by nature. His grandfather was a great warrior, famous and revered throughout the lands but the lineage of glory ended when Borin's father opted to forego that lifestyle and settle as a hard working farmer. Borin finds himself inexplicably drawn into his own adventure that sees him begin a critical quest with promises of riches and fame.Borin is deceived by the wizard Melchiot, whom set him upon his journey and is forced into submission by the ever present threat that an amulet he is forced to wear and unable to remove contains a deadly virus capable of destroying hundreds of acres in a single blast and more in the prevailing winds. Along the way on the journey he is w forced to complete Borin meets with several people who together become entwined in the same trap set up by the wizard. Among his perils, the young farmer finds himself imprisoned in a coastal city, kidnapped and forced to fight to the death in a make-shift city where Thieves and Wizards live inharmoniously, and trekking through magical mirrors to the furthest corners of Venta Belgarum; the State completely surrounded by living Mountains.With an army of thieves supporting him in his plight against the treacherous wizard, Borin discovers the truth of the agenda on which he embarked - that the wizard all along was using him as a pawn but for his own good. Unbekwnst to the young farmer the journey he was forced to undergo was destined from the onset. He was always meant to take the path of his famous grandfather who shared t only his name but also his legend. The ultimate test comes when Borin comes face to face with the leader of the most insidious Cult the State, indeed the Kingdom, had ever seen - his own mother. The cult is dedicated to the resurrection of the god of Revenge (whom Himself was encased in a prison of stone and conjoined with a wicked and evil Mage of unspeakable power) and spent decades retrieving the previously thought lost fragments of that broken tomb.Borin is brought into the fray by the wizard Melchiot because, aside from having his grandfather's lineage, he alone possesses a fragment of the God Stone, the broken rocks scattered far and wide, the remains unkwn by the leaders of the Cult. They themselves armed with a massive force of Thieves and Wizards, the Cult do their utmost to rid the world of the single threat to their success - one farmer and his entourage.
- Author BiographyRobin Bonnick was born in Margate, Kent in 1976 before moving to Surrey when he was 7. Spending his childhood years engrossed in creating worlds as diverse as the one in which he lives, Robin has always had an affinity for fantasy. After finishing school and going straight into the working world he tried his hand at a wide array of jobs. Robin never really felt he had a niche in any particular area but he never forgot his true love of writing. He moved to America to marry his wife and enjoyed three years State-side before returning to Surrey.The God Stone is his first published novel.He lives in the city of Red Hill in the heart of Venta Belgarum with his wife Corina and their dog Bo.
- Author(s)Robin Bonnick
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication12/11/2007
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content Note1 map
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.