All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes the Bible favour one particular model for God's relationship with the created order? Is it intellectually responsible or credible to talk of 'special divine action'? Such questions are explored by Dr C. John Collins, who provides a thorough exegetical foundation for discussing God's action in the world, and offers a concise examination of key philosophical, theological, scientific and apologetic questions which arise from it. Dr Collins begins by presenting and contrasting the main options within traditional Christian theism, then examines the biblical passages which support, or seem to support, these options. He offers a wide-ranging evaluation of the biblical teaching on miracles, 'nature', 'cause' and special divine action. He ably defends the biblical view from empiricist, rationalist or postmodern critiques.
- Author BiographyAssociate Professor Old Testament of Covenant Theological Seminary, St Louis, USA
- Author(s)C. John Collins
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/04/2001
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.