All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor much of the twentieth century travel by air was a luxury available only to the wealthy, and accordingly the airlines - Pan Am, BOAC, TWA, BEA and many others - offered premium services that connected far-flung parts of the world with con trails of glamour. This book looks back at the golden age, from the 1920s to the 1970s, when well-appointed airliners whisked the rich and famous around the world on holiday and on business. It evokes the chink of champagne glasses, the aroma of expensive cigars and the roar of early jet engines: the experience of air travel before package holidays and budget airlines changed flying forever. The various types of aircraft, the routes and the airports, as well as the changes undergone by the industry, are all explored here and illustrated by fascinating historical material.
- Author BiographyNina Hadaway has been Curator of Documents at the Royal Air Force Museum since 2003. She has produced a number of exhibitions and gives talks to visitors, society groups and historical organisations, including 'Who Do You Think You Are? Live'. Her work has also been published in the RAFHS journal.
- Author(s)Nina Hadaway
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number729
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note70 col
- Weight131 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.