All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished originally in two volumes in 1890, this extraordinary study of primitive myth and magic, collected from sources around the world, led Frazer to identify parallel patterns of ritual, symbols and belief across many centuries and many different cultures.
- Author BiographyG Frazer (1854-1941) was born and educated in Glasgow, where he attended the University before going to Trinity College, Cambridge. In 1871 he became a Classics Fellow at Trinity. He was knighted in 1914. He translated work from Greek and wrote fiction, but he is best known as a pioneer of social anthropology and comparative ethnography. Although he has many other titles to his name, none were to have the wide-ranging social and imaginative impact of The Golden Bough (first published in 1890).
- Author(s)Sir James George Frazer
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2004
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Series TitleCanongate Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight750 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Introduction byProf. Cairns Craig
- Edition StatementMain ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.