All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Few vels are life-changing; this one just might be' Daily Mail Leaving home is one thing. Surviving is ather. In 1940s Lahore, the Punjab, two brothers and two sisters are beaten and browbeaten into 'good children'. Each has a destiny to fulfil. Sully and Jakie will be doctors, Mae and Lana dutiful wives. But Sully falls for an unsuitable girl, Jakie an unsuitable man. Mae and Lana disgrace themselves and disobey. Rebelling is easy when you're far from home. But the ties that bind them across cultures, continents and time can never be broken. And when, decades later, death draws them back, it will affect them in ways they never imagined.
- Author BiographyRoopa Farooki was born in Lahore in Pakistan and brought up in London. She graduated from New College, Oxford and worked in advertising before turning to write fiction. Roopa now lives in south-east England and south-west France with her husband, twin girls and two sons. Bitter Sweets, her first novel, was nominated for the Orange Award for New Writers 2007. Roopa's novels have been published internationally and translated into a dozen languages.
- Author(s)Roopa Farooki
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTinder Press
- Weight332 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.