Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn THE GOOD COMPANY, Business Professor Robert Girling shares 18 inspiring case studies of new as well as established companies and social enterprises from around the world that are making our planet better by meeting human needs of their employees, suppliers and customers. The companies in the book meet the environmental challenge by developing sustainable techlogies and production systems. Professor Girling states why we need companies to restore our communities, repair our ecosystems, and provide meaningful work. In plain language, the author explores the nature of companies in today's ecomy, why we need a new type of corporation, and the organizations leading the movement toward change. THE GOOD COMPANY has good news: there are a growing number of companies-good companies- that are healing the world by giving back to the community and introducing planet-saving invations. And here's the bottom line Good Companies are profitable. By reading this book you will learn about how companies like Clif Bar, Triodos Bank, Natura Cosmeticos, Google, Give Something Back and many more do what is right. The author helps you ponder-and begin to answer-the question: What can I do to join the march to address the world's social and environmental challenges? In the concluding chapter, the author points to the proven keys you need to start a good company. By keeping chapters short the author allows the reader to browse and select the topics and stories of greatest interest. Each chapter is self-contained, providing a range of insights as well as inspiration and a certainty that there is hope for the future.
- Author BiographyRobert Girling is a professor in the School of Business at Sonoma State University where he teaches in the graduate program. He received his Ph. D. from Stanford University and has taught and consulted in 20 countries. His previous professional experience includes teaching at the Federal University of Bahia, the Federal University of Minas Gerais in Brazil, the University of the West Indies, and American University in Washington D.C. He has consulted with the World Bank, USAID, the United Nations, and the International Center for Research on Women. He is a social entrepreneur who co-founded LIDERE, a school improvement program in Brazil which worked with 80 schools in Northeastern Brazil and a co-founder of the Sustainable Enterprise Conference series. Professor Girling is the author of many articles and books including Multinational Institutions and the Third World (1985); Education: Management and Participation (1990); The Participatory School (2006) The Good Company (2012)
- Author(s)Robert Girling
- PublisherHill Press
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.