All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this authoritative cookbook from Britain's favourite cookery magazine, you will discover over 650 recipes divided by ingredient and occasion to help you find the perfect recipe with ease. But this is more than just a recipe collection - this book also includes Good Food's expert kwledge of ingredients and cooking hints and tips, to make it an invaluable source of inspiration and advice. This is an essential reference guide, including easy-to-follow instructions on topics such as how to cook different cuts of meat, knife skills and how to entertain without stress. There are also step-by-step masterclasses in techniques such as preparing squid, making fresh ravioli from scratch and making bread and pastry. With hundreds of recipes for everyday meals as well as weekend feasts, for when you have a little more time to spend in the kitchen, sections focused on making special occasions stress-free, a whole chapter on Christmas cooking and a chapter dedicated to feeding crowds all with step-by-step methods, nutritional breakdowns and full-colour photography, The Good Food Cook Book is the perfect gift and a book to treasure and return to, year after year.
- Author BiographyFor over 20 years, the team at Good Food magazine has been putting its expert knowledge into writing reliable recipes for the home kitchen. Each month the team, along with some of Britain's top chefs, create over 100 new recipes, which are triple-tested in the Good Food test kitchen to ensure they work first time for you. Along with practical advice on ingredients, utensils and gadgets, cooking techniques and seasonal tips, Good Food magazine has all the latest ideas and news for food lovers. Jane Hornby trained at Leith's School of Food and Wine and, after graduating, found her dream job at Good Food magazine. There she spent six happy years writing, food styling, editing and working with some of the country's top chefs, as well as editing seven of the BBC Books 101 series. Jane now writes and styles recipes for Good Food and Olive magazines and her first book, What to Cook and How to Cook It, was published in 2010.
- Author(s)Jane Hornby
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1718 g
- Width198 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine38 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.