All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern techlogy has changed the way we live, work, play, communicate, fight, love, and die. Yet few works have systematically explored these changes in light of their implications for individual and social welfare. How can we conceptualize and evaluate the influence of techlogy on human well-being? Bringing together scholars from a cross-section of disciplines, this volume combines an empirical investigation of techlogy and its social, psychological, and political effects, and a philosophical analysis and evaluation of the implications of such effects.
- Author BiographyPhilip Brey is Professor of Philosophy of Technology and chair of the Department of Philosophy, University of Twente, the Netherlands. Adam Briggle is Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at the University of North Texas. Edward Spence is a Senior Lecturer in Moral Philosophy and Professional Ethics in the School of Communication, Charles Sturt University, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Science, Technology and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAdam Briggle,Edward Spence,Philip Brey
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.