All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, Mayor Tibo Krovic stops off at the local cafe on the way to work, drinks his Viennese coffee with extra figs, leaves a bag of sweets for the owner, and goes to wait in his office for the arrival of his glorious secretary Agathe. He has worshipped Agathe from afar for years but she has always been out of reach. However, a family tragedy has changed things in Agathe's home and a chance occurrence one day leads her to confide in Tibo. What ensues is a magical story of love, fate, mistakes and ginger biscuits that is both deliciously funny and intensely moving. Winner of the Saltire First Book Award.
- Author BiographyAfter a brief stint as a lumberjack, Andrew Nicoll has spent his working life as a newspaper journalist. He has had short stories published in New Writing Scotland and other magazines. Andrew is married with three children.
- PrizesWinner of Saltire Society/Royal Mail Scottish First Book of the Year 2008.
- Author(s)Andrew Nicoll
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight241 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.