Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology is meant to help you discern who God calls you to be. It collects into one volume five of Larry Armstrong's shorter works, four of which were originally published for his congregations' members and later as ebooks. In the introduction, Armstrong writes, My desire in bringing these five short works together was to offer a person who is new to the principles of Christian discipleship help in learning how and why believers do what they do. A young disciple (in practice t in age) needs guidance in following Jesus Christ. These short works present various aspects of the basics of Christian life. GraceTouch: Six Experiences of God's Grace lays a foundation for understanding Christian growth. We live by the touches of divine grace in our lives. Not all possible experiences of grace are mapped out, but the most essential are presented. In The Flawless Word, Armstrong outlines the nature of scripture and its importance for your day-to-day walk with Jesus. Through the use of God's word, we plant our feet on firm ground in this world and discover how we should live. Seven Ways to Get Close to God is a short pamphlet that helps a new Christian find a balanced discipline for his or her relationship with God through Christ and the Holy Spirit. This short work draws you into the core practices behind faithful discipleship. Centered Living presents a way to align your heart with Jesus Christ's heart. It takes you into the deeper questions of Christian behavior and how to bring focus to your conduct. Through it, you'll learn to guard your heart well. A Crown Forever is a series of sermons which are united by the theme of the crown in Christian living. They present a glance at the rewards promised to faithful disciples and instruct you in how to seek the rewards properly. As you move through these short works, Larry Armstrong's prayer is that God will clarify and expand upon whom he has called you to be, and why.
- Author BiographyLarry L. Armstrong is a retired Presbyterian minister who served churches in Massachusetts, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. He was educated at Grove City College in Pennsylvania and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Massachusetts. He is the founder of FaithProbe Publications and carries on an active writing and speaking ministry. In 2005, Larry received a liver transplant to replace his original liver which was destroyed by a congenital condition. Since then, he served as pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Jeannette, PA until his retirement in July 2011. Other books by Larry Armstrong include Patience: Harvesting the Spirit's Fruit and the forthcoming The Good News Reader, a collection of his shorter writings. About his writing, Armstrong says, I love to write, because it stretches my awareness of who I am. When I wrote sermons every week, I learned and grew more than my congregations. Now that I'm writing books, I find that the self-examination continues. Regarding his transplant, he explains that God revealed his grace and kindness in many ways, and many people. From church members to doctors and hospital staff, I sensed the Lord's presence as I looked for healing in one of three ways--a miracle, a transplant, or in a way my wife wouldn't let me speak. His faith in Christ's goodness carried him through that time. He and his wife Elizabeth are the parents of four adult children, who live around the country. They also have a very energetic dog named Finnegan, who is a whatzit hound. They and the dog make their home in Latrobe, PA and at a cottage north of Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Larry L Armstrong
- PublisherFaithprobe Publications
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFaithprobe Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.