All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume of a two volume series, this book begins the intimate, first hand look at a relationship that shaped the history of World War II, that of General Douglas MacArthur and his Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Richard Sutherland. Written by their chief clerk, Paul P. Rogers, this series focuses on the command structure that developed between MacArthur and Sutherland and how it changed as the war progressed. Told from the vantage point of one who was there, it presents new information about the operations of the General Headquarters for the Pacific during the war. This first volume begins with the prewar careers of MacArthur and Sutherland, continues through Pearl Harbor and Corregidor, followed by the epic struggles of 1942, and concludes with the campaign at Buna. The book presents information that challenges, contradicts, and compliments the two major biographies of MacArthur and presents new documents never before seen. Rogers here writes of the good years in the first half of the Pacific campaign where MacArthur and Sutherland were maintaining a good, although increasingly strained, relationship. Rogers tells of his own position as MacArthur and Sutherland are alienated from each other in the accelerating scope and speed of operations. Bound to be one of the definitive works on World War II, this book will prove unforgettable for anyone with an interest in United States and military history.
- Author BiographyPAUL P. ROGERS, retired professor of economics and insurance, served as secretary and office manager for General Douglas MacArthur and his chief of staff, Lieutenant General Richard Sutherland, for the entire period of World War II. Rogers has published numerous articles and two books about the Soviet insurance system, which has held his scholarly interest for more than 40 years.
- Author(s)Arlene Rogers
- Date of Publication27/06/1990
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight777 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.