The Good, the Bad and the Ridiculous: Profiles by Khushwant Singh, Humra Quraishi (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Indias grand old man of letters comes a new compilation of essays that profile some of the most iconic figures in the last century of the subcontinents history. This book will appeal t only to admirers of Khushwant Singhs writing but also to anyone Interested in the history, politics and socio ecomic scenario of twentieth century India. People profiled in this book include Jawaharlal Nehru, Krishna Men, Indira Gandhi, Sanjay Gandhi, Amrita Sher Gil, Begum Para, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, M. S. Golwalkar, Mother Teresa, Faiz Ahmad Faiz, Dhirendra Brahmachari, Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, General Tikka Khan, Phoolan Devi, Giani Zail Singh and Bhagat Puran Singh. About the Author Khushwant singh is one of Indias best kwn and most widely read authors and columnists. He was founder-editor of Yojana and editor of the Illustrated Weekly of India, National Heraldand the Hindustan Times. His first book, The Mark of Vishnu and Other Stories, was published in 1950 and he has published several acclaimed and bestselling books of fiction and n-fiction in the six decades since. He has also translated the work of major Punjabi and Urdu poets and writers, as well as the Japji and the Rehras: The Morning and Evening Prayers of the Sikhs.
- Author BiographyBorn in Punjab's Hadali village (now in Pakistan) in 1915, Khushwant Singh is one of India's best known and most widely read authors and columnists. He was founder-editor of Yojana, and editor of The Illustrated Weekly of India, National Herald and theHindustan Times. His first book, The Mark of Vishnu and Other Stories, was published in 1950, and he has published several acclaimed and best-selling books of fiction and non-fiction in the six decades since. Among these are the novels Train to Pakistan,I Shall Not Hear the Nightingale, Delhi and The Company of Women; his autobiography, Truth, Love and a Little Malice; the two-volume A History of the Sikhs; a collection of prayers and precepts, The Freethinker's Prayer Book; and the forthcomingConsolations and Lamentations. He has also translated the work of major Punjabi and Urdu poets and writers, as well as The Japji and the Rehras: The Morning and Evening Prayers of the Sikhs.
- Author(s)Humra Quraishi,Khushwant Singh
- PublisherRupa & Co
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRupa & Co
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.