All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionSince Australia's birth in 1901, twenty-eight politicians have run the national show. Their time at the top has ranged from eight days for Frank Forde to eighteen years for Bob Menzies. But whatever the length of their term, each Prime Minister has a story worth sharing. Edmund Barton united the bickering states in a federation; Billy Hughes forced US President Woodrow Wilson to take tice of Australia. The unlucky Jimmy Scullin took office days before Wall Street crashed into the Great Depression, while John Curtin faced the ultimate challenge of wartime leadership. John Gorton, Gough Whitlam and Paul Keating each shook up their parties' policies so vigorously that ne lasted much longer than a single term in office. Julia Gillard overthrew Kevin Rudd and Kevin Rudd overthrew Julia Gillard, thus paving the way for Tony Abbott. With characteristic wit and expert kwledge, Mungo MacCallum brings the nation's leaders to vivid life. The Good, the Bad and the Unlikely tells the tale of the many men and one woman who've had a crack at running the country. It is a wonderfully entertaining education.
- Author BiographyMungo MacCallum has long been one of Australia's most influential and entertaining political journalists, in a career spanning more than four decades. His books include the bestselling Mungo: The Man Who Laughs, Run Johnny Run: The Story of the 2004 Election, Poll Dancing: The Story of the 2007 Election and Punch and Judy: The Double Disillusion Election of 2010.
- Author(s)Mungo MacCallum
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight246 g
- Width129 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.