All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new commentary on the controversial Gospel of Thomas, Simon Gathercole provides the most extensive analysis yet published of both the work as a whole and of the individual sayings contained in it. This commentary offers a fresh analysis of Thomas t from the perspective of form criticism and source criticism but seeks to elucidate the meaning of the work and its constituent elements in its second-century context. With its lucid discussion of the various controversial aspects of Thomas, and treatment of the various different scholarly views, this is a foundational work of reference for scholars t just of apocryphal Gospels, but also for New Testament scholars, Classicists and Patrologists.
- Author BiographySimon Gathercole (PhD, 2001) is Senior Lecturer in New Testament Studies at the University of Cambridge. He has published extensively in Early Christian Studies, including The Gospel of Judas (OUP, 2007), and The Composition of the Gospel of Thomas (CUP, 2012).
- Author(s)Simon Gathercole
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleTexts and Editions for New Testament Study
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1243 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.