All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers the first full commentary on the Gospel of Thomas, a work which has previously been accessible only to theologians and scholars. Valantasis provides fresh translations of the Coptic and Greek text, with an illuminating commentary, examining the text line by line. He includes a general introduction outlining the debates of previous scholars and situating the Gospel in its historical and theological contexts. The Gospel of Thomas provides an insight into a previously inaccessible text and presents Thomas' gospel as an integral part of the can of Biblical writings, which can inform us further about the literature of the Judeo-Christian tradition and early Christianity.
- Author BiographyRichard Valantasis is Associate Professor of Early Christian Literature at St. Louis University. His recent publications include Constructions of Power in Asceticism (Journal of the American Academy of Religion). Ordained as an Episcopal priest, he has served parishes and a woman's monastery. He conducts adult education and other retreats for the laity.
- Author(s)Richard Valantasis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleNew Testament Readings
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.