All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe four canical gospels arose in unique circumstances in different parts of the Roman Empire. This book studies the gospels as formative documents that reveal how these four communities refracted the life of Jesus to express their unique community life in their historical contexts. Reading Mark, Matthew, Luke and Acts, and John as distinct communities with particular systems of formation, this book explores the differences between the gospels, while providing four windows on the development of primitive Christianity.
- Author BiographyRichard Valantasis is co-director of the Institute for Contemplative Living in Santa Fe, New Mexico and on leave as professor of ascetical theology and Christian practice and director of the Anglican Studies Program at the Candler School of Theology, Emory University. He is an ordained Episcopal priest. Douglas K. Bleyle is co-director of the Institute for Contemplative Living in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He earned his M.Div. at Iliff School of Theology in Denver and his Th.M. from Candler School of Theology, Emory University. He is an aspirant to holy orders in the Episcopal Church. Dennis C. Haugh is adjunct professor at the Iliff School of Theology and a Ph.D. candidate in the joint Iliff-University of Denver doctoral program. He is a Roman Catholic lay person with extensive experience in the areas of adult faith formation.
- Author(s)Dennis C. Haugh,Douglas K. Bleyle,Richard Valantasis
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/06/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.