Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Gospels in First Century Judaea experts of Greco-Roman Judaism employ their expertise to offer fresh and invative interpretations of gospel texts. Each study examines closely a passage from one of the four canical gospels in order to shed light on it from various pertinent subject areas (e.g., linguistics, archaeology, fine art). The studies presented in this volume follow on the heels of more than forty years of research into the Jewish backgrounds of the New Testament, with one invative development, namely, reading and interpreting the gospels as accounts that originate in the first century Judaea and play a more integral role in the body of ancient Jewish literature.
- Author BiographyR. Steven Notley is Distinguished Professor of New Testament and Christian Origins on the New York City campus of Nyack College and director of the graduate programs in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins. Among his list of publications, he co-authored with Flusser the historical biography, The Sage from Galilee: Rediscovering Jesus' Genius (Eerdmans 2007); with Anson Rainey the monumental biblical atlas, The Sacred Bridge: Carta's Atlas of the Biblical World (Carta Publishing 2005); with Ze'ev Safrai Eusebius, Onomasticon: A Triglott Edition with Notes and Commentary (Brill 2005). Recently he rejoined Safrai for their second work, The Parables of the Sages (Carta 2011). Jeffrey Paul Garcia, PhDc., New York University, is Lecturer in Bible at Nyack College's New York City Campus. His doctoral thesis focuses on conceptions of humanity in Second Temple Jewish texts.
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleJewish & Christian Perspectives Series
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight423 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeffrey P. Garcia,R. Steven Notley
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.