All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of The Real Food Companion and Winter on the Farm , Matthew Evans brings us a beautifully photographed new book celebrating the way we used to cook food and how it used to taste. Why would you make your own sausages, cure your own ham, pickle your own fish or preserve your own vegetables? It's quite simple, because it tastes better. The Gourmet Farmer Deli Book is t a weekday cookbook; it's about celebrating and enjoying the artisan processes involved in making items you'd typically find in your local deli - from cheese and cream to cured and smoked meats to pickled fish and vegetables. Also included are simple recipes incorporating these delicious artisan ingredients (which you can buy from your local deli, if you don't want to make them yourself). Rustic, flavoursome dishes are the order of the day in this beautiful book that rejoices in taking your time and enjoying traditional ways of preparing food. Key points: the book has a two-fold approach: step by step processes to guide you through making the deli items yourselves, plus additional recipes using those ingredients; artisan feel, beautiful photography; and, tips and hints on what to look for when buying cured meats, small goods, cheeses, preserved fish at the deli.
- Author BiographyFood writer and former restaurant critic Matthew Evans left Sydney to run a smallholding in Tasmania. He runs a market stall with former chef Ross O'Meara selling salami, rillettes and small goods made from free range pigs they breed themselves. Cheese maker Nick Haddow owns and runs Bruny Island Cheese Company, south of Hobart.
- Author(s)Matthew Evans,Nick Haddow,Ross O'Meara
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width200 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.