All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second volume of a trilogy (the first was The Plum Flower Dance ) in which Weaver analyzes his life, striving to become the ideal poet. In The Government of Nature, Afaa Michael Weaver explores the trauma of his childhood including sexual abuse using a cartography and thematic structure drawn from Chinese spiritualism. Weaver is a practitioner of Daoism, and this collection deals directly with the abuse in the context of Daoist renderings of nature as metaphor for the human body.
- Author BiographyAfaa Michael Weaver is the author of eleven previous poetry collections, including Timber and Prayer: The Indian Pond Poems, My Father s Geography, and The Plum Flower Dance: Poems 1985 to 2005. He is Alumnae Professor of English at Simmons College in Boston. Weaver is the recipient of an NEA fellowship, a Pew fellowship, and a Pennsylvania Council on the Arts fellowship. He has been awarded two Pushcart Prizes and a Fulbright scholar appointment, among other honors.
- Author(s)Afaa Michael Weaver
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.