All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Grain of Dust: A Novel Into the offices of Lockyer, Sanders, Benchley, Lockyer & Norman, corporation lawyers, there drifted on a December afteron a girl in search of work at stegraphy and typewriting. The firm was about the most important and most famous - radical orators often said infamous - in New York. The girl seemed, at a glance, about as unimportant and obscure an atom as the city hid in its vast ferment. She was blonde - tawny hair, fair skin, blue eyes. Aside from this hardly conclusive mark of identity there was thing positive, thing definite, about her. She was neither tall r short, neither fat r thin, neither grave r gay. She gave the impression of a young person of the feminine gender - that, and thing more. She was plainly dressed, like thousands of other girls, in darkish blue jacket and skirt and white shirt waist. Her boots and gloves were neat, her hair simply and well arranged. Perhaps in these respects - in neatness and taste - she did excel the average, which is depressingly low. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)David Graham Phillips
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.