All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuick, daily classroom lessons for improving students' grammar and writing skills
This must-have resource features 180 practical, ready-to-use grammar and usage lessons and activities-one for each day of the school year. The activities included help students in grades 5-12 to acquire, improve, and expand their grammar skills, and become more adept and confident writers. Veteran educator and best-selling author Jack Umstatter helps teachers to familiarize students with the type of grammar-related content found on standardized local, state, national, and college admissions tests. * Includes ready-to-use, yet comprehensive and authoritative activities for use as sponge activities, extra homework, or regular daily lessons * Reproducible lessons are designed to be n-intimidating and clear for students * Other titles by Umstatter include Grammar Grabbers!, 201 Ready-to-Use Word Games for the English Classroom, Brain Games!, and Got Grammar?
Tips for educators on how to best utilize each specific topic or lesson are included for easy classroom instruction.
- Author BiographyJACK UMSTATTER, M.A., taught English for more than 30 years at both the middle school and high school levels. Selected Teacher of the Year several times, he is the best-selling author of numerous books, including 201 Ready-to-Use Word Games for the English Classroom, Brain Games!, Grammar Grabbers!, and Got Grammar?, all published by Jossey-Bass. Umstatter is a professional development workshop leader, training teachers and students across the nation on reading, writing, and poetry strategies.
- Author(s)Jack Umstatter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleJB-Ed: 5 Minute Fundamentals
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Weight424 g
- Width190 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm