All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionTHE GRAPHIC DESIGNER'S DIGITAL TOOLKIT, 6th Edition t only introduces students to the essential features of industry-standard software applications, but also gives them an understanding of how to integrate these programs into a seamless whole. Using a highly visual and project-based approach, this fully revised new edition examines Macintosh OS X Leopard(R) and Windows 7(R) operating systems, as well the Big 3 digital design programs used in the graphics industry today: Adobe Illustrator(R) CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6(R), and Adobe InDesign(R) CS6. After thoroughly examining the features of each application from the designer's perspective, the author then reveals in practical detail the traditional skills and techlogy necessary for effective design for print and Web media. Using online project files, students are encouraged to practice what they have learned by tackling design projects throughout the text from concept to completion. Effectively merging theory with practice, THE GRAPHIC DESIGNER'S DIGITAL TOOLKIT, 6th Edition stresses the critical importance of integration in design while meeting design parameters and client expectations.
- Author BiographyAllan Wood has been an educator in digital media, photography, and graphic design for nearly 25 years, and has worked professionally as well in the industry. For much of that time he has taught at the post-secondary level as an Assistant Professor, including as Program Chair in Graphic Design and Professional Photography and the program's curriculum developer/ instructional designer at McIntosh College in New Hampshire. He was recently awarded a second place standing for Educator of the Year in the category Computer Design: Graphics and Photography, among 80 colleges participating. Drawing on his extensive experience, which includes owning his own full-time business, Allan has developed many innovative project-based courses that integrate contemporary graphic design concepts and techniques with computer graphics for both print and Web media. Among his many independent photographic and graphic design projects is a recently completed New England lighthouse tourism site at www.nelights.com. His images have appeared in national greeting cards, calendars, and catalogs, and he is a member of the New Hampshire Professional Photographer's Association and the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. Allan holds a Master's degree in Instructional Design and Online Learning: Digital Media.
- Author(s)Allan B. Wood
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication13/08/2012
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.