All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Southern Rhodesia under white rule, Doris Lessing's first vel is at once a riveting chronicle of human disintegration, a beautifully understated social critique, and a brilliant depiction of the quiet horror of one woman's struggleagainst a ruthless fate.Mary Turner is a self-confident, independent young woman who becomes the depressed, frustrated wife of an ineffectual, unsuccessful farmer. Little by little the ennui of years on the farm works its slow poison. Mary's despair progresses until the fateful arrival of Moses, an enigmatic, virile black servant. Locked in anguish, Mary and Moses master and slave are trapped in a web of mounting attraction and repulsion, until their psychic tension explodes with devastating consequences.
- Author(s)Doris Lessing
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleP.S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $94.28
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $24.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.