All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a comprehensive treatment of the Grassmannian varieties and their Schubert subvarieties, focusing on the geometric and representation-theoretic aspects of Grassmannian varieties. Research of Grassmannian varieties is centered at the crossroads of commutative algebra, algebraic geometry, representation theory, and combinatorics. Therefore, this text uniquely presents an exciting playing field for graduate students and researchers in mathematics, physics, and computer science, to expand their kwledge in the field of algebraic geometry. The standard momial theory (SMT) for the Grassmannian varieties and their Schubert subvarieties are introduced and the text presents some important applications of SMT including the Cohen-Macaulay property, rmality, unique factoriality, Gorenstein property, singular loci of Schubert varieties, toric degenerations of Schubert varieties, and the relationship between Schubert varieties and classical invariant theory. This text would serve well as a reference book for a graduate work on Grassmannian varieties and would be an excellent supplementary text for several courses including those in geometry of spherical varieties, Schubert varieties, advanced topics in geometric and differential topology, representation theory of compact and reductive groups, Lie theory, toric varieties, geometric representation theory, and singularity theory. The reader should have some familiarity with commutative algebra and algebraic geometry.
- Author(s)Justin Brown,V. Lakshmibai
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2015
- Series TitleDevelopments in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note84 black & white illustrations, 39 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.