All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great A&P and the Struggle for Small Business in America is the story of a stunningly successful company that forever changed how Americans shop and what Americans eat. It is a brilliant business history, the story of how George and John Hartford took over their father's business and reshaped it again and again, turning it into a vertically integrated behemoth that paved the way for every big-box retailer to come. George demanded a rock-solid balance sheet; John was the marketer entrepreneur who led A&P through seven decades of rapid changes. Together, they built the modern consumer ecomy by turning the archaic retail industry into a highly efficient system for distributing food at low cost.
- Author BiographyMarc Levinson has a gift for discovering business history stories that cut to the heart of how industries are transformed. He did so brilliantly with TheBox: How the Shipping Container Made theWorld Smaller and the World Economy Bigger, which was short-listed for the 2006 Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award.
- Author(s)Marc Levinson
- PublisherHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date30/01/2014
- Content Note16 pages of b&w illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.