All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe middle class provides British society with its stability and strength. According to Deane's contentious thesis, our middle class has abstained from its responsibility to uphold societal values, and the ermously damaging collapse of our society's rms and standards is largely a result of that abdication. The institutions of political and social governance provide a husk of functionality and mask these problems for those that do t wish to see, or do t care. To restore Britain to something resembling a substantively functioning country, the middle classes must reinstate themselves as arbiters of morality, be unafraid to judge their fellow men, and follow through with the condemnation that necessarily follows when individuals sin against common values.
- Author BiographyAlexander Deane read English Literature at Trinity College, Cambridge and took a Masters degree in International Relations as a Rotary Scholar at Griffith University, Australia. He is a World Universities Debating Champion and is training to become a Barrister. His previous books in the Societas series include: Off With Their Wigs! Judicial Revolution in Modern Britain (with Charles Banner).
- Author(s)Alexander Deane
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication19/04/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleSocietas
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight201 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.