All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great American Dirtbags is a collection of 20 short stories. The book is a follow up to Climbing Out of Bed, and the main focus is mountain town culture and the dirtbag climbing existence. Mehall describes himself as a born again dirtbag and The Great American Dirtbags portrays his journeys from being a lost teenager immersed in drugs to his most recent adventures on the trails, walls and roads of the American West. As usual his love for freedom, women, and climbing are weaved into the prose. Following in the prose of the beatniks, the athletic counterculture of the dirtbags are carrying the torch with the belief that a simple, rewarding life, close to nature, is still possible in this modern world. Longtime Editor of the Mountain Gazette, John Fayhee, called the book, a reminder of blissful times past and a bellowing yell to the denizens of the beast we call civilization - Get out! Get out of your rut! Get out into the outback while you still can and while it's still there! The Great American Dirtbags serves as both a primer and a ruminative tribute to a lifestyle we all need w more than ever. Climbing legend and Senior Contributing Editor to Rock and Ice, John Long, described Mehall as, One of the few adventure writers out who handle the tricky first person voice as if it were made for him.
- Author BiographyLuke Mehall is the publisher of The Climbing Zine, and author of Climbing Out of Bed. He has been published in Rock and Ice, Climbing and the Mountain Gazette. Mehall has been a guest on the Enormocast podcast, contributed to the Dirtbag Diaries podcast, and often contributes to Patagonia's blog, The Cleanest Line. He lives in Durango, Colorado.
- Author(s)Luke Mehall
- PublisherBenighted Publications
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenighted Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.