Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe spare, emotionally powerful story of a circus bear who finally breaks free is told with simple narration and intense, expressive illustrations. Once there was a dancing circus bear who spent her days in a cold, hard cage. Each night she was led to the town square, where acrobats, trapeze artists, and clowns performed for a boisterous crowd. The bear performed, too, year in and year out, lifting her feet and swaying to the music of trumpets, drums, and cymbals. As she danced, some people clapped, and many poked her with sticks or threw stones. One night, however, the bear did t dance. She stood very still. And then she let out a mighty roar. . . . This deeply affecting tale of a bear who escapes cruelty to find a mythical release will resonate with all who love animals, while offering a universal message about freedom and dignity.
- Author BiographyLibby Gleeson is the award-winning author of more than thirty books for young readers, including picture books, novels, and nonfiction. She lives in Australia. Armin Greder is an internationally renowned illustrator of many distinctive picture books, several of them written by Libby Gleeson. He lives in Australia.
- Author(s)Libby Gleeson
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width218 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Armin Greder
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.