All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionOverheard mobile prouncements are a modern phemen. In the street, in the park, in supermarkets, buses, waiting rooms and even, heaven help us, in libraries, it's quite impossible to get away from these tasty or repellent fragments of other people's private lives. Wherever you lurk, their outbursts of despair or irritation ring out: mega-tantrums, in-jokes, celebrity spottings, instant post-mortems, office politics, whoops of joy and anger, weather reports, devilishly dull domestic details, parental problems, health issues, holiday plans, money matters, dinner menus, ultimatums, gossip, sporting news, amorous overtures, business deals - and any number of time-wasting pleasantries. From the stunningly mundane to the shockingly direct, the sublime to the ridiculous, here is a brilliantly curated collection of overheard mobile conversational gems.
- Author BiographyAndrew Barrow is a writer and journalist who regularly contributes to the pages of the Independent, Daily Telegraph and The Spectator. He has written several works of non-fiction including Animal Magic: A Brother's Story and two novels. Andrew has been listening to other people's conversations since childhood. His various collections of overheard remarks have appeared in Vogue and Tatler, in a first collection called The Great Book of Small Talk, and in 2013's The Great Book of Mobile Talk. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Andrew Barrow
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSquare Peg
- Content NoteB&W line drawings throughout
- Weight161 g
- Width112 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.