All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you plot a safe course through the next financial crisis? In the global bestseller The Great Depression Ahead, Harry S. Dent, predicted that the US government's stimulus response to the 2008 crisis would fail. This failure is happening w. In The Great Crash Ahead, Dent outlines why the next crash is inevitable, and just around the corner. For over twenty years, Dent's ecomic forecasts have been unique in analysing what motivates consumers to spend their money. The largest generation in history, the Baby Boomers, hit their lifetime spending peak in 2007, when they were in the full swing of raising their children. But in the next few years Baby Boomers will start to save their money for retirement. This slowdown in growth, along with unprecedented levels of debt, will trigger the first deflationary period since the Great Depression of the 1930s. This will be a worldwide downturn, and Australia will t escape this time. Dent's predictions include: stocks, commodities and real estate will crash again, including real estate in Australia; the US dollar will become the safe haven, while gold and silver crash; US Treasury bond yields will spike then fall for several years, creating a long bond bull market; opportunities of a lifetime for investments will appear after the crash, especially in health care and Asia. Given its lower debt levels and tighter banking regulations, Australia is positioned to weather the coming global storm better than any other developed country and lead the boom that follows. With a foreword written exclusively for this Australasian edition, The Great Crash Ahead offers practical investment advice to allow you, your family and your business to survive this challenge and be poised to thrive when the ecomy finally recovers.
- Author BiographyHarry S. Dent is the author of The Roaring 2000s, The Great Boom Ahead, The Next Great Bubble Boom and The Great Depression Ahead.
- Author(s)Harry S. Dent
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.