Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal provides a wealth of information, analysis, biographical profiles, primary documents and current resources that will help students to understand this pivotal era in American history. The author, an expert on this age of U.S. history and politics, brings to life the traumatic period that began in 1929 and ended only with America's entrance into World War II in 1941. He carefully explains the causes of the Depression, the actions taken by Franklin D. Roosevelt to lift America out of its ecomic morass, and the ecomic, political, social, and cultural aspects of the age. Following a chrology of events, a narrative overview examines the events of the Great Depression and the New Deal. Other topical essays address the causes and cure of the Depression, America's struggle against the Depression, the effect of the Depression on American politics, changes in society and culture during the Depression decade, and an evaluation of the New Deal from a contemporary perspective. Twenty-seven biographical profiles of key figures of the era, the text of ten important primary documents, a glossary of frequently cited terms, and an antated bibliography of print and nprint materials for student use complete the work. This work is an essential source for the most current thinking and resources on the Great Depression and the New Deal.
- Author BiographyROBERT F. HIMMELBERG is Professor of History at Fordham University. He served as Dean of Fordham's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences from 1993 to 2000. He is the author of Historians and Race: Autobiography and the Writing of History (1996), Business and Government in America Since 1870 (1994), The Origins of the National Recovery Administration: Business, Government, and the Trade Association Issue, 1921-1933 (1976, rev. ed. 1993), coauthor of Herbert Hoover and the Crisis of American Capitalism (1974), and editor of The Great Depression and American Capitalism (1968). A specialist in the economic and political history of the Great Depression and the New Deal, he has written numerous papers on the subject.
- Author(s)Robert F. Himmelberg
- Date of Publication30/11/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGreenwood Press Guides to Historic Events of the Twentieth Century
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteglossary, bibliography, index
- Weight561 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.