All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe first series of guitar tuition books to cover the evolution of jazz guitar. Over 70 years of jazz guitar is presented in music, chords, occasional tab, and tes on playing technique, all woven together with fascinating artist biographies and Mairants' personal anecdotes. Through the most famour jazz tracks of all time Mairants illustrates the changes, development and varied styles. Juxtaposing players of individual talent, he highlights those extensions of tone, feeling, timing and harmonic range that comprise jazz improvisation.
- Author BiographyDuring his career, Ivor Mairants was recognised as a composer, performing guitarist and recording artist: between 1940 and 1952 he was the most featured guitarist on the BBC and his friends included many of the world's most famous players, such as Les Paul, George Benson, Wes Montgomery and Pat Metheny. Ivor passed away in 1998 at the age of 90.
- Author(s)Ivor Mairants
- PublisherSanctuary Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSanctuary Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/07/2016
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.