All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book designed specifically to help young asthma patients understand their condition and overcome their fears When Julie, Andrew, and Claire have trouble breathing, they worry about what is going on with their bodies. As they sit together in the allergist s office, the Great Katie Kate swoops in and takes them on a journey of discovery through the human body as she explains the nature and treatment of asthma and allergies. Along the way, the youngsters learn about their condition and its triggers and cause the Worry Wombat to disappear. This superhero saga provides an entertaining and indispensable tool for parents and medical professionals who are seeking a positive way to set young asthma patients on the road to recovery by helping them understand their condition and deal with their fears. As a well-respected physician who specializes in the treatment of women and children, the author presents challenging medical concepts in clear, accurate, and understandable prose. This is the third book in the Great Katie Kate series, helping young children with serious illnesses understand their condition and live with confidence.
- Author BiographyM. Maitland DeLand, M.D., is a radiation oncologist specializing in the treatment of women s and children s cancer. One of the leaders in her field, she is the chairman of the Health Education Authority of Louisiana Board that serves to promote medical education, research, and healthcare throughout the state. Dr. DeLand also serves as a member of the Breastcancer.org Professional Advisory Board. She has dedicated her career to helping her patients and their families lead balanced and rewarding lives. Jennifer Zivoin is a children s book illustrator living in Carmel, Indiana. Although she has been trained in media ranging from figure drawing to virtual reality, her passion is bringing stories to life through her watercolor paintings. Her most recent work has been creating illustrations for Brian James s popular Pirate School series.
- Author(s)Dr M Maitland DeLand
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width214 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.