All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Great Shadow and Uncle Bernac For three years I lived among Napoleonic literature, with some hope that by soaking and resoaking myself in it I might at last be able to write some worthy book which would reproduce something of the glamour of that extraordinary and fascinating epoch. But my ambition was greater than my power. I sat at the end of my course amid volumes of tes, bewildered by the vastness of my subject, and unable to focus my information into a single narrative. The wildest dreams of fiction seemed so commonplace when contrasted with the absolute naked truth, that my heart and my fancy failed me. And so at last, after a long delay, my considerable preparation ended in one little book of soldier stories, The Exploits of Brigadier Gerard and this little tale of adventure which contains an impression of the emperor. I am well aware that the portrait is very much too large for its frame: but, at least, it is a true portrait so far as it goes, and as such may interest some reader who has t had the time or the opportunity to consult those volumes upon which it is founded. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.