All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen would-be train robbers discover that someone has betrayed the gang, young Jackson Evans finds he is trapped in a deadly snare: the gang leaders will kill him if he walks out because he kws too much; and an over-zealous sheriff will gun him down if he stays. The beautiful LaCrosse River valley region, West Salem and Sparta, Wisconsin are the backdrops for this robbery-gone-bad episode set in 1885. A Black Hills outlaw who escaped the Pinkertons eight years earlier and has managed to stay clear from the long arm of the law, returns from hiding to a small Wisconsin community using an alias for cover. His scheme to rob a Chicago & North Western train heading to LaCrosse carrying $75,000 of payroll money for a logging company seems like a good plan. But a flaw in his well-laid design will challenge the gang's efforts.
- Author BiographyJ.L. Fredrick is a Wisconsin native. He uses Midwest locations as the settings for his historical novels. A long-time member of the Wisconsin State Historical Society, he was a featured author during Grand Excursion 2004.
- Author(s)J L Fredrick
- PublisherLovstad Publishing
- Date of Publication23/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLovstad Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.52
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.