All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is probably the newest and most complete treatise in the field of Western Astrology today. The Author, one of the leading exponents of art of Urania in the world, has 42 years of extensive research and has published more than 70 books in 7 languages on this topic. In this substantial book of more than 1200 pages he has condensed his ermous experience, based on over 100,000 consultations and over 25,000 Aimed Solar and Lunar Returns, which he has drawn and successfully supervised, t only for himself and his family, but also for thousands of clients. In this treatise he reflects on his numerous studies, which have brought him to the forefront of astrological research above all in the execution of many operations, such as the dating of the events of a specific year; the value of a cusp in the Houses (which he calculates to be 2.5 degrees); the 34 primary rules required to aim a Solar Return or the 20 rules necessary to aim a Lunar Return; the importance that should be given to the role of Houses in relation to that of the Signs in the interpretation of a Natal Chart; his use of elevated geographical latitudes in order to amplify the Houses; the invention of algorithms which allow the reader to make a more informed choice (the book contains several links to his website where such services are offered free of charge); the comprehensive vision of all the stars of an entire family in order to explain important events, as is discussed at length here in the saga of the Gandhis, a family marked by death. The author was initially educated in the school of the French astrologer Andre Barbault, and he later became a follower of leading scholars, including Charles E. O. Carter, Charles Harvey, Reinhold Ebertin, Henri J. Gouchon, among others. He is particularly proud of two unique achievements: he is the only astrologer in the world to have been paid to hold a seminar in Astrology in the prestigious university of Padova, in the very same hall where Galileo Galilei used to teach, and he is the only astrologer in the world who has received recognition from mainstream scientists for less than two of his discoveries.
- Author BiographyCiro Discepolo is an astrologer, journalist and writer, he was born in Naples in 1948 (on the 17th of July, at 5:40 am). He worked for twenty years for the most popular daily of Naples, Il Mattino, writing articles on science, medicine, informatics, literature and astrology. He has always refused to cast the so-called 'horoscopes of the solar signs' for that newspaper, as well as for any other newspaper or magazine. He worked for five years at the CNR (National Research Council) and, for two years in the Istituto Motori of Naples, CNR. He has been dealing with astrology since 1970. He has written over 70 books, most of them best-sellers in Italy as well as abroad and he has published over 1,000 astrological lessons on YouTube and about 250 short Astrology Essays on Google Books. In 1990 he founded the quarterly Ricerca '90, which he has been editing and publishing since then. He has been doing statistical researches from the very beginning of his interest in astrology. During the early '90s, he obtained brilliant results with researches on astral heredity on a sample of over 75,000 subjects. The astrological rules #1 and #2, published in his Transits and Solar Returns have been statistically demonstrated by Didier Castille - the greatest astrological statistic researcher in the world - on the entire French population, and this is probably the most convincing evidence in Astrology of the possibility to statistically demonstrate some astrological items. These rules were also demonstrated in over 40 years of studies by some researchers of Zurich University and they are the only statements of an astrologer, of every time, demonstrated by Official Science. He has been holding seminars, courses and lectures in different universities and cultural centres in Italy and abroad. He particularly deals with Predictive Astrology, Aimed Solar Returns and Aimed Lunar Returns. According to many colleagues, he may be considered the greatest living expert of this area of study. Not only has he written many texts on this specific segment of the art of Urania - he can also rely on the experience of more than 25,000 aimed birthdays (covering the years 1970 to 2012). He is deeply interested in informatics. Astrologically speaking, he followed the school of Andre Barbault. He founded the school of the Active Astrology.
- Author(s)Ciro Discepolo
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1057 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.